With a full week of sales and online deals, one thing was missing for Jett Foundation: the voice of the talented, funny, hard-working community members that we serve.
To help all of us purchase with a purpose, Jett Foundation has pulled together a special list of great gifts anyone on your list would love. The best part? It helps give back to the talented men and women within the Duchenne and neuromuscular disorder communities.
Check out our list below for some of our favorite ideas. Can’t find what you are looking for? Give the gift of Jett by donating in honor of a loved one or friend at www.jettfoundation.org/annualappeal.
- 1 Wants to be a Letter – by Jake Marrazzo
A book about accepting yourself and your differences, this well-illustrated and thoughtful book is the first from Jake Marrazzo, who is 17(!) and has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. A portion of the proceeds from the book sales will go to the 4 Jake’s Sake Charitable Foundation..
- Dan and DMD – by Joseph Yasmeh
An easy-to-read book about Duchenne that’s perfect for younger readers or a way to talk about Duchenne in the classroom!
For the Bookworm
- We Carry Kevan : Six Friends. Three Countries. No Wheelchair. – by Kevan Chandler
Kevan recently spoke to our 21 + community about his life and relationships. He has some AMAZING travel stories and a great perspective on friendship. Check this book out.
- Shifting Into High Gear: One Man’s Grave Diagnosis and the Epic Bike Ride That Taught Him What Matters – Kyle A Bryant
One half of the Two Disabled Dudes podcast team, Kyle has tremendous wit that comes across in this compelling book.
- Grace Trail: Find Your Footing and Live the Life you Were Meant to Live – by Anne Jolles
If you have attended a Jett Foundation Porch Nite, you may know our dear friend Anne who has created Grace TrailⓇ. Grace Trail is more than just a book; it’s a simple, actionable way to manage grief, stress and anxiety throughout your life.
For the Home
- Connor’s Saucery – Connor’s Saucery creates exceptional hot sauces while bringing visibility and funding to the muscular dystrophy community. Best part? The sauces are SO good! With six signature hot sauces to choose from and a bunch of cool merch, this is a one stop shop for those on your list who you want to get something different.
- Sunflower Aesthetic – Searching for some cute art prints and stickers? Look no further than Ariana’s Sunflower Aesthetic online shop. Ariana is a longtime Camp Promise camper and former intern and now has her own design store that has lots of great pieces!
- Artwork by Lindsey Muszkiewicz – She does it all. Comedy. Writing. Painting. Drawing. Check out the talented Lindsey and her amazing art pieces!
- Glass Art À La Carte – There are drinking glasses and then there are glass creations from Stephanie Royster at Glass Art À La Carte! Steph makes ordinary drinkware unique with her custom designs and creations. Check out her FB page and reach out with custom requests!
- EZ Lap Tray – The EZ Lap Tray is made of lightweight, high density foam. The foam is firm enough to support and stabilize the user while soft enough to comfortably use for hours.
- The Perfect Lift – The perfect lift was created by Dana Edwards, a mom of a young man, Tanner, who has muscular dystrophy. The Perfect Lift allows family members and caregiver to transfer those with limited mobility safely and easily. It’s lightweight mesh design makes it ideal for all activities, including going to the beach, entering a pool, air travel, and use in the bathroom. It is easy-to-use, safe, and, most importantly, helps enhance the quality of life of families impacted by Duchenne and other diagnoses that limit the mobility of a loved one.
For the Best Dressed on Your List
- Snappy Clothing – These days, it’s all about clothing that is cool and comfortable. That’s where Kris Napper’s online store comes in. He has something for everyone – from the sports enthusiast, to kids, to Ninja Turtle lovers. His designs are fresh, fun, and comfortable- the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
- Two Disabled Dudes – From our friends again @TwoDisabledDudes Podcast, they have some great hats and shirts to show your love of podcasts AND the disability community.